The Lakeside Life Blog
Lewis Smith Lake Alabama | Smith Lake Alabama
Get your boat ready – it’s almost spring!
Groundhog Day 2024 brought news that lake lovers want to hear for the upcoming boating season… early spring! BUT… that also means we only have about 6 more weeks to prepare marine vessels for spring break and beyond.
Now is the time, before spring, to put boats in the shop for servicing, maintenance and upgrades. Local shops are overloaded during spring rush and that can sometimes result in serious delays to your boating season. Maintaining and servicing a boat annually protects your investment, and upgrades can substantially help resale value.
See a list of suggestions below (in alphabetical order):
1. AFTERMARKET BOAT & TOWER ACCESSORIES - This can be anything from a depth finder to a trailer tail light to board racks for the boat's tower, or even a new tower and so much more. Try these local companies: Duskin Point Marina, MasterPro Audio, Rambo Rambo Marine, Inc., Russell Marine - Smith Lake, and Trident Marina.
2. BOAT DETAILING - unlike basic auto detailing, boats have a gel coat surface over thick heavy fiberglass which is different from metal and plastics used on cars, so different methods, products and materials are needed for repairs, cleaning and refurbishing the finish. Make sure you use a company that is experienced with delicate boat detailing needs. We recommend local companies like Bama Detailing, Duskin Point Marina, MasterPro Audio, Rambo Marine, Inc., Russell Marine - Smith Lake, and Trident Marina.
3. BOAT LIFTS - for a new lift, installation, and good annual servicing to keep your investment safe and sound, get quotes from HydroHoist of Alabama, Free State Boat Docks, MasterPro Audio and Smith Lake Republic.
4. DOCK SERVICE & CONCIERGE - this can be anything from dock servicing, repairs, cleaning, solar installation, dock accessories, marine grade audio/video for outdoor entertaining, etc. Try getting an estimate from local companies who can help like Free State Boat Docks, MasterPro Audio, Smith Lake Republic and Wetsteps of Alabama.
5. FINANCING - looking to buy a NEW BOAT or upgrade to a NEW DOCK? Visit Duskin Point Marina, Rambo Marine, Inc., Russell Marine - Smith Lake and Trident Marina to discuss pricing and consider financing with them locally through banks like Bank of Walker County, Citizens Bank and Trust, Cullman Savings Bank, First National Bank and Listerhill Credit Union. Many homeowners are not aware that they can obtain financing for a new dock. Contact Listerhill Credit Union to get your application underway.
6. INSURANCE - make sure you’re properly covered for the year or re-evaluate your coverage if you've made any changes recently regarding your boat, home or dock. Grant Thomas of Alfa Insurance can help you. (Side Note - Grant's family are long time residents of Smith Lake - check out their company Smith Lake Rentals and Sales for local rental homes and sign up early for rentals as they get booked super fast early each year.)
7. MARINE AUDIO/VIDEO - Upgrade the entire boat's A/V system if it is not performing on its limited stock system, or if the system is older and needing a few upgrades or component additions. Perhaps everything is functioning fine, and the system just needs some tuning, repairs or refurb. Be sure to use professionals who understand the nuances between name brand equipment and how to get the most sound bang for your buck. A company we recommend who has over 35 years experience in high end professional audio is MasterPro Audio with experience not just in marine audio and basic 12V, but also for commercial/home/worship/sports venues, entertainment venues, etc. Ask to hear their demo boat system, on the water from a very far distance - you'll be shocked at what their patented tower speakers and component system are capable of - clean, clear high performance sound ready to energize your day on the lake.
8. MARINE FLOORING - whether it's carpet, engineered marine flooring to upgrade an entire boat, or just pieces of surface material for a back platform, gunwales, or to artfully replace a torn or damaged section, the following local companies can help get your boat looking the best - Duskin Point Marina, MasterPro Audio, Rambo Marine, Inc., Russell Marine - Smith Lake and Trident Marina.
9. MECHANICAL SERVICE for BOATS & TRAILERS - schedule to get your boat serviced, tuned up, de-winterized and ready to take on the season. Local companies we suggest: Duskin Point Marina, Rambo Marine, Inc., Russell Marine - Smith Lake and Trident Marina.
10. TOWING SERVICE - get your annual membership NOW and boat worry free all year. Contact Captain Terry Russeau of TowBoatUS Smith Lake.
11. UPHOLSTERY - repairs or new - contact Bama Detailing or MasterPro Audio.
12. WATERSPORTS EQUIPMENT - new equipment or rentals - try local shops like Lakeside Gear, Pine Valley Outdoor Living, Rambo Marine, Inc., Russell Marine - Smith Lake, Trident Marina, and Triple Creek Marina.
Once you've got the boat tuned up, spruced up, fully loaded and ready to go, check out our other informational blogs to make sure you are fully prepared for the best boating season every year. Check back on our blog often as we add new material. HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY BOATING SEASON!
For more businesses in the categories you are looking for, try our Business Listing - Alphabetical, and our Business Listing by Category, and check out more information in our LOCAL INFO tab.
Latest update to this blog: 2/2/24.
Lake Living at it's best!
All 4th Of July About Us Advertising Advice Alabama Power Company Apparel Boating Boating Safety Clothing Cocktail Cookbook Digital-edition Digital-edition Docktail Fall On Smith Fishing Food & Drink Giveaway Hats Homes On Smith #HowILake Lake Advice Lake Clothing Lake Decor Lake Gear Lake Goods Lewis Smith Dam Lewis Smith Lake Life On Smith Logo Magazine Info Marketing Modern Living Recipe Recipes Recreation Safety Sides Smith Lake Smith Lake AL Smith Lake Alabama Smith Lake Business Smith Lake Businesses Smith Lake Events Smith Lake History Smith Lake Holidays Smith Lake Homes Smith Lake Life Smith Lake People Smith Lake Sports Smith Lake Things To Do Social Media Sports And Recreation Spring Subscribe Subscriptions Summer The-lakeside-life The-lakeside-life The Lakeside Life Brand The-lakeside-life-team The-lakeside-life-team Things To Do
The Lakeside Life
767 County Road 437
Cullman, AL 35055
(256) 708-7679 Main
(205) 470-8250 Marketing
Facebook Group: Smith Lake Community
Also check out our stores:
The Lakeside Life Store
FOLLOW & use some of our favorite hashtags - we look forward to "socializing" with you and learning all about how you celebrate your lake life! Contact us if you'd like to share content with us to publish - stories, photographs, or basic information.