The Lakeside Life Blog
Lewis Smith Lake Alabama | Smith Lake Alabama
With just 3 shopping days left until Christmas, you may find yourself stumped for the perfect gift for the lake lover in your life. This holiday season, our team has enjoyed supporting our local small businesses and hope you will do the same, after all, every time you make a purchase from a small business, someone actually does a little happy dance!
The Lakeside Life has compiled a list of great ideas for those last minute grabs:
1. A subscription to The Lakeside Life! The Lakeside Life offers coffee- table-worthy photography and content sure to inspire the lake lover in your life. Get your subscription here.
IDEA: wrap up the actual magazine and have it under the tree! If you don't have a magazine, come by our local shop and grab one, or call/text/e-mail and we'll get one to you.
2. A gift certificate to Brickyard Meats in Cullman. Any lake lover is sure to enjoy selecting the perfect piece of meat to throw on the grill lakeside! AND, they have prepared gift baskets as well!
HINT: perfect stocking stuffer!
3. A basket of beverages from Wayne's Package Store or Cornerstone Beverage depending on your location! One of the most popular Dirty Santa gifts seen in recent times was a Bloody Mary Basket complete with all the fixings!
4. A pillow with our favorite lake's name on it from White Willow in Cullman! White Willow offers a gorgeous assortment of home decor items sure to spruce up any space AND they will wrap it for you!
HINT: home decor items are good for everyone on your list - especially those hardest to shop for.
5. A gift certificate to Russell Marine-Smith Lake. The folks at Russell not only have boats, but they also have a selection of gear to equip your boat for the upcoming spring season! Check'em out on Highway 69 in Hanceville.
6. Give the gift of humor from Dixie Duds in Cullman! They have a wide variety of unique items, and one of our favorites is their sign collection. They also sell many of the fixtures displaying the vast selection of products all over the store.
AND...pssst...they also have some of our cuddly "Smith Lake" woollys too!
7. Stop in the Lakeside Pharmacy in Dodge City for the perfect stocking stuffers and gift selection! The Lakeside Pharmacy has everything from Smith Lake t-shirts, to earrings, to Christmas candy (and they can fill your prescriptions too)!
8. Seibel's Cottage located in Birmingham's downtown Homewood is a popular destination for lake lovers, complete with decorating services, home goods and furniture! Their rustic-contemporary focus is apparent throughout the store with many lake-themed items, some customized for Smith Lake - all kinds of home decor and the ever-popular lake wall maps!
9. Give the gift of watersports to the enthusiast in your world with a new board, or Smith Lake Woolly, from Lakeside Sports & Recreation in Cullman. Their shop currently carries the following lines: Ronix, Radar, Slingshot, Phase 5, The Walker Project, Sky Ski + adding more very soon..., Wakesurfers, Wakeboards, Wakeskates, Wakeboard Bindings, Sit-down Hydrofoils, Stand-up Hydrofoils, Towables, Tubes, Kites, Kiteboards, Kiteboard gear, SUPs, and other wake gear & accessories. Stop by or call 205-470-8250 and someone will meet you there quick, even off hours!
10. Pat's Archery & Outdoors in Jasper is your one-stop shop for the hunter, fisherman or outdoorsmen in your life! They carry everything from firearms, ammunition and optics to hunting calls, cameras, tree-stands, and fishing tackles - which would fit perfectly in a stocking! A classic this holiday season is the Red Ryder, just remember - "Don't shoot your eye out kid".
Lake Living at it's best!
All Digital-edition Fall On Smith Fishing Giveaway Homes On Smith #HowILake Lake Decor Life On Smith Modern Living Recipes Smith Lake Smith Lake Business Smith Lake Events Smith Lake People Smith Lake Sports Smith Lake Things To Do Subscribe Subscriptions The-lakeside-life The-lakeside-life-team
The Lakeside Life
767 County Road 437
Cullman, AL 35055
(256) 708-7679 Main
(205) 470-8250 Marketing
Facebook Group: Smith Lake Community
Also check out our stores:
The Lakeside Life Store
Amazon Lake Life
FOLLOW & use some of our favorite hashtags - we look forward to "socializing" with you and learning all about how you celebrate your lake life! Contact us if you'd like to share content with us to publish - stories, photographs, or basic information.