The Lakeside Life Blog
Lewis Smith Lake Alabama | Smith Lake Alabama
There are quite a few holiday traditions in our household, some that are purposely done and others, like this one...just happen year after year. When the luscious Thanksgiving leftovers have lost their luster, we find another way to continue enjoying the turkey! This recipe is sure to hit the spot! Enjoy!
1. Chop the turkey, onion, and peppers. Drain beans. Preheat a large stockpot on medium high for 2-3 minutes. Place oil in pot, then add peppers and onions, cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender.
2. Reduce heat to medium. Remove casing from sausage and add sausage to the pot. Cook 5-6 minutes, stirring to crumble or until sausage has browned.
3. Stir in cumin, chili powder, oregano, pepper, beans, and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cook and stir for another 10-15 minutes or until thickened.
4. Stir in turkey and milk; cook 2-3 minutes to blend flavors.
5. Top with shredded cheddar, cilantro and serve!
Lake Living at it's best!
All Digital-edition Fall On Smith Fishing Giveaway Homes On Smith #HowILake Lake Decor Life On Smith Modern Living Recipes Smith Lake Smith Lake Business Smith Lake Events Smith Lake People Smith Lake Sports Smith Lake Things To Do Subscribe Subscriptions The-lakeside-life The-lakeside-life-team